The existing modernist buildings on the site were built between 1958 and 1969. They replaced an earlier grand building comprising five mansions built between c1864-69 to the designs of Thomas Cundy III, in a French Second Empire Renaissance style. To find out more about the history of the site please click here to view the timeline.
The current office buildings are of low architectural quality and at odds with the surrounding architecture.
Being over 40 years old, the buildings no longer fulfil the needs of modern day office occupiers and there is an opportunity to consider a different use that is appropriate to the site’s prominence.